WHAT IS THE “CLOUD” AND HOW DOES IT RELATE TO BOOKKEEPING?
Put simply the “cloud” is a term used to describe a platform that allows software and data to be accessible on the internet from anywhere in the world. For example, when you log in to your internet banking you are accessing the “cloud”. What does the “cloud” have to do with bookkeeping? Well, the cloud allows bookkeepers to access their or their clients preferred bookkeeping software online.
HOW DOES CLOUD BOOKKEEPING SOFTWARE HELP YOUR BUSINESS?
We came up with some reasons why we love cloud bookkeeping software:
- No need to install software onto your computer.
- Automatic data back-up.
- Your accountant can access your financial data when required.
- Access using multiple devices.
- Integrate with other software and applications.
- Costs are often lower.
Are there any disadvantages?
Yes, there are disadvantages to using cloud bookkeeping software.
- Without an internet connection, you can’t access the cloud.
After weighing up the advantages and disadvantages of cloud bookkeeping software, the next step is to find out what the software can offer your business…
WHAT DOES CLOUD BOOKKEEPING SOFTWARE HAVE TO OFFER?
Cloud bookkeeping software has an array of features to help business owners monitor their business on the go. Here are just some of the features cloud bookkeeping software can offer:
- Cashflow – Includes online accounting and inventory monitoring.
- Invoicing – Invoice your clients on the go.
- Payments – Make payments to suppliers on the move.
- Payroll – Look after your employee’s wages.
- Reports – View financial reports
Now you know what cloud bookkeeping software is, how it can benefit your business and what features it has to make informed decisions. But there are 100’s of cloud bookkeeping software, which one is right for you?
THE BIG SIX.
The most popular cloud bookkeeping software on marketing is made up of 6 companies.
The big six are:
We hope you have learnt something and maybe even begun to grow a love for cloud bookkeeping software.